Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More From Wednesday!






I forgot to mention in the last post that Shao had a bit of a difficult night last night. He went to bed great, but woke crying a couple of hours later. When I tried to hold and comfort him, he arched his back and kicked his legs, resisting me. I just held him tighter and closer until he was finally able to calm down. Dominic and I took turns waking with him as he stirred often throughout the night. When he woke this morning, he had a bit of a fever. We really think that he just hasn't been getting enough to drink and was a bit dehydrated. After a good breakfast and lots of fluids, he was fever free and feeling fine. After the marketplace and some quite time in the hotel room, we headed back to the People's Park. Maya taught Kai how to feed the fish. She also felt as though she had to have her hands on him constantly...pulling him right, then left, trying to control his every move. He has definately been much more resistive to her today because I think he's a bit tired of having his space invaded. I guess the sibling bliss has already ended. Reality, here we come. After feeding the fish, we played some carnival games, rode a couple of rides, and walked back to the hotel. This evening, Hannah took us to a local restaurant which was great. The menu was in Chinese so she ordered a variety of dishes including spicy fish. I couldn't believe it when the waiter actually brought a live fish in a bag for us to examine before it was cooked as part of our meal. The meal was really enjoyable. Bedtime was dreadful. Shao would begin to cry, then Maya would start her fake cry, and it just seemed like utter chaos. Shao has definately formed a special bond with Dominic as he only wanted him tonight. This gave me some much needed mommy Maya time. So I lay in bed with Maya while Dom rocked Shao to sleep. Within about 15 minutes, both kids were sleeping. Fingers crossed that this will last more than a couple of hours. I'm including some photos of people's park. I particularly like the one of Maya waving her index finger at Shao as though to say.."do what I say or else".

8 comments:

2China4Ayla said...

Jen - I love following your journey and hate to bother you about our album...but the foster family has contacted me asking about it. Do you know if Hannah has the album or if the SWI director does? If you still have it maybe I can have you leave it at the front desk at the majestic for the foster Mom to pick up? Please email me when you can? tonya.bramblett@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

It's clear that Maya needs absolutely no instruction on how to be a big sister! She is so adorable!

Michal and Kenna have decided that "Baby Kai" is BIG and is not a baby after all. And Michal is full of questions again. Here are the ones from this morning: "Does Baby Kai know how to dance?" "Does he know how to talk correctly?" "Does Baby Kai know how to jump?" She also wans me to ask you what else Baby Kai knows how to do. Kenna wants to know if he dances like a baby (bouncing up and down) or like a big boy.

And they both want to ask Maya if she likes being a big sister and what she likes most about Baby Kai.

Can't wait to see "Baby Kai" in person!

Jil said...

Looks like things are coming along well.

Wanted to say "Happy Birthday" to Dad (papa). Not a bad way to spend a birthday, I must say. Wish we could be there with you!

Have a wonderful birthday and see you soon!
Love,
Jil and Drew

nanny said...

Happy birthday Bill I know it will be a good one. What can I say to you all Ihave been in a classroom for 12hrs today taking a pallative care course it was all on the computer, so if I tell you I looked at those photos of the children a million times it would only be a slight white lie, also everyone on the course is very aware of the perfect big sister and her brother, gosh how very lucky we are do you think the country would miss a few more I think about another 4 grand children would be perfect a nice round number. Look after yourselfs and have loads of fun, I only have just over a week to go and I will c u all. Love u lots nanny xxxxxxxxxx

DA FISH said...

Glad everyone is doing well. Jenn make sure the kids keep the brit up all night. Kick him out of the room with the kids so you can sleep in peace.

Weather sucks big time hear.

fish

DA FISH said...

Hey brit,

Nice cut. I got blinded by your forehead, hard time reading the post.


lol

love ya all

Debbie said...

Hey Guys

Thanks so much for keeping us posted back here, it is great to see photos and share some experiences with you. Kai and Maya seem quite taken with each other which is so precious to see. Jen you should for sure go get that massage while you can and I can't believe you ate that fish!. Dominic nice haircut!. Say hi to Maya and Kai give them both a huge hug from us. Hope you are all able to sleep peacefully tonight. Auntie Debbie and Uncle Rick
PS Rick thinks the haircut makes you look like a bull nose *****!!

Julie said...

Brynn wants to know why Kai is a boy? Hmmmm, I think she thinks only little girls come from China. I may need to explain things a little better. She was super excited when she figured out Maya was a big sister. She may want to ask for advice if we ever get a referral.

Enjoy the trip!!