Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!




This year we spent Christmas Eve with my parents. We invited them to spend the night so that they could share in the Christmas morning magic. They happily accepted. On Christmas Eve, the doorbell rang. The kids ran to open the door only to find a small gift bag sitting on the door step. They opened the card and it read:

"Dear Maya and Kai,

Today is the day
It’s Christmas Eve night
Santa’s getting ready
To make his long flight.

It sure has been fun
Getting to know you this year
You know I can’t talk
But I always can hear

I love every morning
When you come to find me
I think my favorite place
Is on top of your tree

I have orders from Santa
To leave something for you
You can open it now
I promise it’s nice and new.

Maya, I know you love princesses
And Kai you love lightning McQueen
I found these at the North Pole
They were the best jams that I’ve seen

Be sure to put these on
When it’s time to get ready for bed
Brush teeth, go potty, and read a book
Then on your pillow lay your head

I will still be watching
And listening all night long
And waiting for Mr. Santa
To come and sing his song

I know that he won’t come
If there’s lots of goofing around
So be the great kids that I know you are
And go right to sleep without a sound.

Thank you for such a fun Christmas season
I love to watch and hear
And I can’t wait to fly back to the Marten house
After thanksgiving time next year.

Merry Christmas Maya and Kai……………Love, Elfie"
Elfie is an elf who has been hanging out in our house for the duration of December. Each morning, the kids excitedly search the house to see where Elfie has perched himself for the day. At night, Elfie uses his magic powers to fly to the north pole and report to Santa all of the happenings in our household. The kids couldn't believe that he had delivered a present.

No comments: