Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our First Taste of Spring!





Today felt just like spring. After school, we decided to take full advantage of a sunny warmish day and ride our bikes to Dairy Queen. Our little Dairy Queen that is the closest to our house just opened this month for the season.

As I was getting the bikes out of the garage, I needed to move our large extension ladder that was blocking access. As I was moving the ladder, I somehow hit something with the ladder and consequently, the ladder knocked me so hard in the eye I about passed out. It bled horribly and immediatly produced a swollen bump the size of a small egg on my eyebrow. After 10 minutes of stopping the bleeding and icing the swelling, I downed a couple of ibuprophen, donned my sunglasses, and rode my bike to dairy queen with the kids, just as I promised.

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have quite a shiner of a black eye.

No comments: