Friday, January 15, 2010

Kai's Haircut!







Kai has been longing for long hair. He says he wants to grow his hair long enough to put in a ponytail. At this point, his hair is just a mess and is beginning to look a bit like the old "mullet look".

All summer, I shaved his head to keep him cool and comfortable and since then, I have given him a couple of "trims" at home, much to his chagrin. When I approached him today and told him that he needed a haircut, Kai actually requested a hair dresser. What 3 year old requests a hairdresser?

So off to the kids salon we went. When the hairdresser asked me how I wanted Kai's hair to be cut, I told her that she better ask kai. Kai explained that he wanted it "around the ears and long on top". When the hairdresser asked him why he didn't like Mommy cutting his hair, Kai's exact words were...."she really doesn't do it very well". I thought the hairdresser was going to fall to the floor from laughing so hard.

I must admit, Christina did a much better job cutting Kai's hair and we will definately be going back in a couple months.

1 comment:

Beach Mama said...

How handsome and grown-up he looks with his new haircut!