Saturday, January 2, 2010

Beautiful Curls!











Maya has been asking and asking for me to curl her hair. The other day, I finally got the curling iron out and curled her hair. Even at best, curling irons usually only offer a couple of hours of "good" curls, and for Maya, many of her curls were relaxed within an hour. It just wasn't the dramatic effect she was looking for.

Plan B...the foam curlers! You know the kind...the ones that you put in your hair before you go to bed and somehow find a way to sleep with all of those lumps on your head. I wore them when I was a girl and Maya was oh so excited to wear the same kind of curlers that her Mommy wore. She was so patient as I wrapped each curler around her long hair. Kai handed each curler to me trying so hard to be such a great helper.

I covered her head full of curlers with a bandana and tucked her into bed. I can't believe she went to sleep without a single complaint. The next morning she was so excited to take her curlers out and see the results. During most of the day, I heard "Mommy, are my curls still in?". She just loved her curls and I'm sure we will be repeating this process many times in the future.

I included a picture of my super helper kai. Deep down, I know that he would have loved to have curls too...to be just like his big sister.

1 comment:

Julie said...

How adorable! Absolutely love the curls!!