Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Stab at Manual Mode!











I was inspired by my friend Marti's blog to try a new mode on my camera. Since I began using my new camera last Christmas, I have mostly been an auto, Av, or self-portrait kind of photographer, always skipping over the big "M" on my wheel of choices.

Today, I told the kids that they had to help me to be a better photographer...that today I was trying a new mode on my camera and that they, of course, would need to be my subjects. After a few grunts and groans, they reluctantly agreed. Well...I had to promise that they could play with the neighbors across the street if they helped me take just a couple of good shots. Bribery always works.

Anyway, I really had no idea what I was doing, but I think I got a couple of good photos. The one of our cat eating grass is a bit freaky if you ask me. Her exposed teeth make her look vicious. She actually is a wonderfully sweet cat.

No comments: