Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Karate kai!


Kai asked to join Karate a couple of months ago and absolutely LOVES it. He asks every day "Mommy, what day is it again? How many more days until karate?".
Kai is one of the youngest in his class and definately the smallest. Miss Debbie praises his wonderful listening skills and his efforts to try everything...even when things are really difficult for him. Today, towards the end of his class, Miss Debbie approached me and asked is Maya and I would like to come back to the classroom to watch Kai receive his yellow-white belt. I was so surprised and excited for Kai.
After the short ceremony, all of the kids congratulated Kai. I've never seen Kai shine so bright and wear such a proud smile as he did today. Contrats Kai. We are so proud of you.

2 comments:

nanny said...

Congragulations Kai what a handsome clever grandson I have Iam so proud of you
love you xxxx

Chris said...

Haven't read in a while - this is just awesome. Go Kai! I have been trying to convince Sophie to do Father/Daughter Kung Fu with me but she is still resisting.