Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun with the Drake Family!











On the first leg of our vacation, we headed to Waupacca, Wisconsin to visit our godson Joe. The kids had a great time hanging out together. Kai particularly loved playing with Joe's very large "Cars" collection.
The last day of our visit, Tim and Michelle took us to a small local zoo. I wish I had a picture of my close encounter with the sheep. Yes, the sheep leaped towards me and placed its' front legs on my stomach, trying to reach the food I held in my hands. I had to use some brute force to get it off of me. At that point, the kids all wanted to be held and asked to leave the petting area immediately. The rabbit area was much more relaxed. Our favorite part, though, was definately petting the deer. We walked into a big open field and were immediately approached by two very tame deer. Kai even got brave enough to feed the deer after his camel feeding experience minutes before (Kai forgot to hold his hand flat and got a nice little camel munch on his fingers).

Thank you Tim, Michelle, Joe, and Nancy for a wonderful visit. Your hospitality was much appreciated!

No comments: