Sunday, March 1, 2009

Indiana winters can be so beautiful...even in March!




When you wake on March 1st and look outside only to see heavy falling snow, you can do one of two things. The first would be to go straight back to bed and sleep most the day away (a definate pre-kid choice). The second option would be to embrace the snow and appreciate it for its' beauty.

I decided to opt for number two today and take the dogs to one of my favorite hiking trails just minutes from my house. I was the only person there. I have to say there's something so therapeutic about walking through quiet wintry woods. I even saw a group of five large buck running through the woods (thankfully my dogs were too busy sniffing every tree to notice the deer running 20 feet to their side).

I wish I could find the time to put a hike like this on my daily schedule. For now, once or twice on the weekends will have to do.

No comments: