Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Sledding We Will Go!
















Don't ge me wrong, I love a white winter. What I don't love is the combination of snow and below 20 degree days (even with the sunshine).

Today, we decided to take advantage of a short window of 27 degree weather. The skies were blue, the sun was shining, the snow was ripe, and there was no one at the sledding hill mid-afternoon on a Thursday. Perfection!

Maya's definately our dare devil. She picked her own sled (the fast slick one) and never looked back. At one point, I watched as she did a nose-dive on her way down the hill. As I headed down the hill just waiting for tears and a need for a hug, Maya instead emerged from her tumble with histericdal laughter and a face full of fresh snow.

Kai on the other hand is a bit more hesitant. He didn't want to go in the sled, but didn't not want to go either. I plopped him on the sled in front of me between my legs and down we went. I was relieved to hear laughter and "more Mommy" at the end of our ride. He went on many more rides, but always between Mommy's legs...not quite ready to venture down the hill alone. Perhaps that will happen on our next adventure.

What a fun afternoon!

No comments: