Thursday, August 7, 2008

"A Blueberry Picking We Will Go"






Today, the kids and I met our friends Cathy, Eric, and Luke for some "blueberry pickin" fun. I was so surprised by Maya's interest in picking blueberries. After about 30 minutes, we asked the kids if they were ready to go, to which they very adamantly replied "No. We want to pick more!". Another 30 minutes passed and they were still picking. Maya and Eric were Blueberry picking machines. I was shocked to see their buckets more than half full with beautifully round, ripe blueberries.

Kai had just as much fun picking. He proudly showed me his bucket full of vibrant green leaves from the blueberry bushes. I don't think a single blueberry made it past his mouth into his bucket.

We happily went home with more than 5 lbs of fresh blueberries...perfect for our Saturday ritual of homemade blueberry pancakes.

No comments: