Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ann's Wedding Reception




After a night of very little sleep, Maya and I headed south to Terre Haute to attend Ann's wedding reception. Ann and I used to share an office and became good friends while we lived in Terre Haute. The reception was great. It was so nice seeing all of the wonderful people that I used to work with. Maya had a blast. Our table was right next to the dance floor and she kept asking when she could start dancing. She had a hard time understanding why she couldn't dance during the bride/groom and father/bride dance. As soon as they left the dance floor, Maya stood solo in the middle of the dance stage and began twirling, jumping, and moving to the beat the second the music started. She didn't leave the dance floor until we left the reception 4 hours later (I'm not exaggerating!). She even told me to stay in my seat so that she could dance all by herself with the other kids. Maya fell in love with my friend Sheryl and her girls Arianna and Emily (also adopted from China).

No comments: