Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Going Above and Beyond!

There are few moments in life when someone other than a friend or family member goes above and beyond. Today, our pediatrician did just that. I called the Dr's office just to ask if we could set-up a "consultation" appointment with our pediatrician by the end of the week. Our adoption agency strongly encourages sitting down with a doctor to review a child's medical file before petitioning to adopt that particular child. At 8:00 that same evening, our pediatrician returned our call (he always calls us personally at home rather than having one of his office staff return his calls). He said that he would be happy to sit down with us and that this kind of service is completely pro-bono. He also said that he was extrememly busy this week as he was covering for another Doctor. Understanding the time issues and the urgency of this situation, he asked what we were doing tonight. "Tonight?" I said suprisingly. He then said to come to his office and that he would be happy to review any and all files that we had. Since Maya was already fast asleep in bed, unfortunately Dominic had to stay at home. I quickly got ready as Dom was reminding me about all the questions I should ask. I jumped in my car and couldn't believe I was heading to a doctor's office at 8:30 in the evening. Our doctor sat with me for close to an hour and answered all of my questions so thoroughly. His information and guidance was invaluable. We feel so priveledged to have found such a caring pediatrician who is always willing to go above and beyond.

No comments: